Monday, December 22, 2008

Sands of Lost Time

Whoa totally forgot I had this...

Anyway, some updates: LHC is broken for a long time, I quit McDonald's, and there is a lot of snow here. A LOT!
Since it's the "holidays" and there is a lot of snow I think I'll rant about something everyone loves. Gifts! Gifts are great. Christmas is great! Expecting a present under a tree from some random family member isn't. Gifts are supposed to be a surprise, not some commodity expected from someone. People die in giant riot-like mobs trying to buy stuff for Christmas. One year my sister got a present she didn't like. Her response to it was "That's it?!". Why do we keep doing something so vein, so evil, when it just comes up in disappointment? Because it's tradition. Our parents did it, so logically we should too.
Well that's just stupid. Break tradition. And I don't mean don't visit family or don't give back to someone in need. Don't give a gift unless it's unexpected and don't feel it necessary to go out and buy the next big thing. Give something meaningful that'll last.

A gift doesn't even have to be a physical object.


Soup of the Day: Beef Stew and Yellow Snow Cones.

1 comment:

Aldiron said...

I have to wait til after Xmas to buy for anyone. (Not like I'm gonna give to a lot of people.) Stupid being unemployed.