Sunday, September 28, 2008

Musings of a MADMAN!




We all know cigarettes are bad. They cause cancer and other bad nasty things. But what about energy drinks?
Caffeine. It's good! No! It's bad!!!! Coffee helps your heart, but the caffeine harms it!! RAH!
Personally, I think that it's bad for you, but not nearly as bad as nicotine. So, you might be asking yourself, where is torbergson (YAY! I've actually addressed myself!! WOO!) going with all this? What is he trying to say?
Here's my point: I'm addicted to this nasty thing called "caffeine". Every time I'm stressed I go for a soda or energy drink. Sometimes I'll want one for no reason. I've also noticed this with my generation. We drink soda by the gallons. It's addicting, the high amount of calories is really bad for you if you drink a lot. 25000% (Yes, 25000% in sparks) of your daily B12 cannot be good for you. So why is it that we keep drinking it? Caffeine. It's addictive, not so much as drugs (Those are no-no's kids), but it is addictive. It's my generation's cigarettes.
Back in the day (before I was born), there was this thing called the 80's. Weird isn't it? Well, it really started a long time ago, it's just easier to blame the 80's. Anyway, previous generations smoked. A lot. Smoked when they where tired, smoked in the morning, smoked when times were stressful, smokin' in the boys room, etc.
This generation: Drink a soda when your tired, drink some coffee/soda in the morning.....I think you know where I'm going with this. I dunno what's going on here, but it's a little fishy if you ask me.

So, what do you think? Are energy drinks and soda this generations cigarettes? Or have I just gone nutters?



Soup(s) of the Day: Did you catch my song reference? and Stress a la Addiction.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They're more like this generations Heroin.

kcinvt said...

Caffiene is an addictive drug, but the most addictive drug of our generation is actually one of the main ingredients in soda: High Fructose Corn Syrup. More addictive than nicotine even, High Fructose Corn Syrup is in virtually anything packaged that you're going to buy; it's a modified corn starch, they treat it with enzymes that convert the glucose to fructose.
With higher levels of fructose the corn syrup is quite a bit sweeter, and isn't broken down by the soda it's put in, making it a better alternative to normal sweetener.
The bad part is that HFCS isn't broken down like normal sugar. When you take it in your body, Tobgergson, your body doesn't register it as a food molecule, so it isn't broken down; it's actually treated as a fat. Taken in almost whole to the body for storage.
Also the substance is more addictive than nicotine. Yup

Anonymous said...

Now you know why I smoke.

big Z