Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rant

I could not think of or find anything interesting today so I decided to rant about things everybody has already ranted about; Parenting.

Parents, it's not that hard to tell you kids what is bad and what is good. If your kid does something bad or wrong you punish them. If they do something good you reward them. It's not that hard.
So why do I see parents blaming video games and rock and roll for their kids behavior? Seriously, these things are meant to be entertainment not a baby sitter. If a teen goes out and shoots somebody because he saw it in Halo or Grand Theft Auto it's his own fault. Not the game. He's responsible! So they should be properly punished.

And parents, if you don't want your kids to play certain games just monitor them and the games they play. THERE IS A RATING SYSTEM FOR A REASON! I've seen parents look at a game and not look and the rating and later claim that they didn't know it was a violent game. It says on the front of the box "Rated M for Mature: Contains Violence".

I could go on for days, but I only wrote this a filler.


Soup of the Day: Parental Filler con Queso.